Wednesday, June 7, 2023

@TheIWSG #IWSG #WritersSupportGroup #writingcommunity #WritersLife


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG


Question: If you ever did stop writing, what would you replace it with? 

I'd have lots of time on my hands, that's for sure, because I'm a turtle writer. As far as replacing those hours and hours of writing, truthfully I don't know what I'd do...  






Good Question... 



The IWSG Book Club Presents












THIS QUARTER DISCUSSION:  JULY 27, 2023
For those interested in our quarterly spotlight reads, the first official discussion will be on jULY 27, 2023. 
The featured titles are:

IWSG Member Book:
Razor Valentine - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43789927-razor-valentine

Craft Book:
How To Rock Self-Publishing:
A Rage Against The Manuscript Guide -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50609426-how-to-rock-self-publishing

Don’t forget we have IWSG swag!
All of us here are volunteers and the domain name costs money. The little extra from swag purchases goes to that domain.
And it’s your chance to show the world you are insecure and proud!

Visit the IWSG Swag page today!
Have news you want to share with your IWSG members?
Email: JunetaKey@gmail.com
Please add IWSG to the subject line. 

  Administrators:   

FREE!

The Insecure Writer’s Support Group:
Guide to Publishing and Beyond

Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / Smashwords

The Insecure Writer’s Support Group:
Writing For Profit

Amazon / Barnes and Noble Kobo







 

24 comments:

  1. What's a turtle writer? ♠ There was a green spade looking symbol called a turtle on the screen of the first computer class I ever had, back in the 80s. (Green was the color of letters on the black screen. Color wasn't a thing for monitors yet.) Codes could move the turtle to different spots on the screen. This was all impressive back then. I don't know that it's to do with writing. Did you mean you write at a slow pace? That metaphor would make sense.

    I'm co-hosting at the IWSG this month. Did you know that June is Audiobook Appreciation Month?

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Speculative Fiction &Reference Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for co-hosting this month. I'm a turtle writer too. I loved the pictures you included in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a shot of Jeremy Renner to get my morning started! Writing isn't a race, it's a process, a release into the wild of the words in your head, heart, and soul. Man, that's deep for not even finishing my first cup of coffee yet! Thanks for co-hosting, Cathrina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the best memes. :) Thank you for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turtles get a lot done and done well! Thanks for the fun post and for co-hostting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I would have lots of time too. Thank you for co-hosting. Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd totally recommend knitting if you want an all consuming creative thing if you're not writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to crochet and hand quilt. That's what came to mind for me. I tried knitting but I'm not so good at it.

      Delete
  8. That's my biggest problem, too--what the h*** would I do with all those hours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turtles always win the race. :) You have awesome memes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better a turtle (or a tortoise) than a hare. Everyone can do a marathon - it just takes some people longer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Savor the journey, enhance the destination. Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a turtle too. Turtles rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make an excellent point. What to do with all those empty hours? Clean the house? No Way! Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for co-hosting today, Catherina! I enjoyed the laughs and appreciated all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take out writing and DLP and I'd have a whole lot of time on my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a turtle writer, too, both because I have a day (night) job, and because I'm picky about getting it right the first time. My first drafts don't change much before publication, so there's that.

    Thanks for co-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I'd like to think I'm a turtle writer too. Thank you for co-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with Olga. Turtles are awesome! Thank you for co-hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for cohosting, Cathrina! I'm guessing a "turtle" writer is someone who plods forward in their stories. If that's the case, then that's what I am. It seems to take me forever to finish a story to my liking. It seems I am forever revising.

    All best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to start participating in the book club. I've lurked in it for years. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for co-hosting this month!
    I think the general consensus to the question this month is that we'd either do more of the other art that we practice already OR we'd just shrivel up and cease to exist! I also think that if you're a storyteller, no matter what you do, you're creating stories. I can "stop" writing and still find myself day dreaming stories while I cook dinner or wash dishes or cast concrete. It's just what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for co-hosting this month and for sharing about the book club. Hopefully, you'll never have to find an answer to the question.

    ReplyDelete