Taken fro Wikipedia: A limerick is a short, humorous, often ribald or nonsense poem, especially one in five-line or meter with a strict rhyme scheme (AABBA), which is sometimes obscene with humorous intent. The form can be found in England as of the early years of the 18th century. It was popularized by Edward Lear in the 19th century,although he did not use the term.
The following limerick is of unknown origin:
- The limerick packs laughs anatomical
- In space that is quite economical.
- But the good ones I've seen
- So seldom are clean
- And the clean ones so seldom are comical.
- Anyone have any nonsensical Limericks??