Wednesday, August 5, 2026

@TheIWSG #IWSG #writingcommunity #WritersSupportGroup #writerslife #writer







Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG.

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG Day post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. Remember, the question is optional!!


August 5 question - As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process? 

My biggest regret is waiting (a long time) to begin my writing career. 

I had written stories as a young adult, and then pushed it all aside to raise a family. Now, I realize I could of/ should've incorporated both into my life. I know age should not be a factor as a writer, although, I feel the weight of it.


From the Internet:

Lorna Page: The oldest debut novelist on record! Page's first novel, A Dangerous Weakness, was published when she was ninety-three years old.

Jim Downing published his book, The Other Side of Infamy, at the age of 102.

Bertha Wood had her memoir, Fresh Air and Fun: The Story of a Blackpool Holiday Camp, published on her 100th birthday on June 20, 2005


Do you have any regrets or wish you'd done something differently?





7 comments:

  1. Think of it as we waited until we were seasoned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raising your family was important. You wouldn't have wanted to miss it because you were writing. But, it's great that you have more time to write now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote as a young adult and then didn't pick it back up again until my 30's. But I had more time then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I regret not trusting myself as an author sooner. I started early, but let doubt bury me for a while, but I'm back, baby, and determined to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Cathrina! It's nice to be back in the IWSG. I can totally relate to your regret. I started earlier, but I didn't focus on it the way I should have. The important thing is that we're both doing it now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... I'll say this as the mom who did write while raising the littles...and going insane... My words are much more mature now and I pretty much have to revamp everything came before. Still have some great plots and characters though. LOL. No regrets, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of us share the wish we'd started earlier. At least we started. Some never do, even though they say, "I'm thinking about writing a book." Well, get to it! Good post, Cathrina!

    ReplyDelete