Wednesday, November 3, 2021

@TheIWSG #WritersSupportGroup #WritingCommunity #Blog #IWSG

 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG.



November 3 question - What's harder to do, coming up with your book title or writing the blurb?

Honestly, both. However, after the novel has been through many drafts and has been edited, I can usually create a blurb. So, in the end, I guess it's the Title that gives me the most angst. Even now, I'm in the midst of racking my brain for a title for my newest and completed manuscript. 


What do you find harder: The Blurb or The Title?






9 comments:

  1. I definitely find the title harder too. I'm wracking my brain right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Titles are the most difficult for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really depends on the book. Each one is different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you come up with something for this new one, Cathrina. I'm just the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Titles are easy peasy for me. Blurbs very difficult, though I'm trying to get a hang of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your titles always seem to convey a deeper meaning. Mine... not so much. :D I think that's probably why we're opposites with our struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually have a title as soon as I have an idea. But I'm with you on the blurb - I'm not ready to write it until I've been through a revision or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have problems with blurbs. Titles are relatively easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both give me angst. Even after publication, I feel anguish over them.

    Good luck with the new story!!

    ReplyDelete