Wednesday, October 2, 2024

@TheIWSG #IWSG #writingcommunity #WriterSupportGroup #Writing



Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
 
Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.


October 2 question - Ghost stories fit right in during this month. What's your favorite classic ghostly tale? Tell us about it and why it sends chills up your spine.

I Love this time of year. The changing, colorful leaves, the crisp air, and the crushed apples and fry cakes wafting from our local cider mill. 

I like thrillers, scary movies like The Others with Nicole Kidman or the Insidious franchise movies which is somewhat based on factual events. Movies that make the hair on my arms spike and make me jump in my seat when something jumps out. I can definitely do without tons of bloody, gory scenes. It's a yearly tradition to watch Hocus Pocus.
























2 comments:

  1. The most subtle ghost stories are the ones without bloody scenes, I think. Think of 'The Canterville Ghost' by Oscar Wilde, which was actually funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this time of year and Hocus Pocus too. I'm not a fan of ghost stories, at least not creepy ones.

    ReplyDelete