Wednesday, November 1, 2023

#IWSG @TheIWSG #WriterSupportGroup #WritingCommunity


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!Let’s rock the neurotic writing world! Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG

Alex's awesome co-hosts are PJ Colando, Jean Davis, Lisa Buie Collard, and Diedre Knight!

November 1 question: November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

I am a terrible, slower than slow turtle writer, and I would never even try to participate. I'm amazed by those who do participate, and I wish them much success!



On some days, it helps not to think about what's happening & what might happen in your life or in the World....







7 comments:

  1. I'm a slower-than-a-turtle writer too. NaNo would put way too much pressure on me to hit the 50,000 words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second one. I've never participated in NaNo either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could set a smaller goal than the 50K and work at your own pace, if you really wanted to. ;) But yes, NaNo isn't for everyone. We're all just trying to stay sane in our own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't call myself a slow writer, but inconsistent. That's something I've been working on, but it can be tricky with the way my brain insists on operating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymously Esther East of the Sun, who doesn't have a google account. Why not ? Couldn't answer their security texts, where we live has no signal for miles. I was ready and willing to try, NaNo till yesterday. Not cold feet, but might need a wet suit, or a boat, gov.uk has suddenly declared where we live Very High Flood Risk - just when everybody is trying to stay sane or at least all the sane people are trying.
    As for writing romance.. I just can't ! Slow writer ? One word forwards, two back? aybe I should kill that delete key ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have the best insight memes. I have to say, I've played the dead parents card a few times, though with one character, her world got turned upside down when she discovered that really wasn't the case. :)

    You're a slow writer? It's taken me 10 years to finish a book, so I think I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the memes. That last one is so me!!!

    ReplyDelete