Wednesday, October 4, 2023

@TheIWSG #IWSG #Writingcommunity #WritersLife

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world! Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG


October 4 question: The topic of AI writing has been heavily debated across the world. According to various sources, generative AI will assist writers, not replace them. What are your thoughts?

My research came from Google on this topic and I found many conflicting answers. I copied a couple paragraphs from Google. 

While some argue that AI can produce high-quality content efficiently, others believe it's far from replacing human writers. AI tools can help with editing, grammar checking, and generating ideas, but they lack creativity and the ability to understand complex emotions.

While some statements claim AI will kill many jobs. But not replace the human touch. 

A vast number of book writer's believe AI is a threat to their livelihood and the very idea of creativity.

My own opinion and thoughts concerning AI are totally negative. I don't care for the AI concept at all. Perhaps my negativity comes from watching too many Sci-Fi movies. I can't seem to get my head around the idea of AI being a good thing. However, I've been known to be wrong. 
Only time will tell....  
 







5 comments:

  1. My hesitancy comes from those science fiction movies as well. It never ends well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I embrace the time-saving tools that can help us. But I'm not worried it will replace us or write good stories like we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have a ways until we reach skynet, but while I played around with it just to see what it does and wasn't impressed, I think discernment is always good with any technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it can be a useful tool, but there's a lot of ugly kinks to work out first. Mainly, the fact what it was trained on is basically stolen.

    ReplyDelete