Wednesday, October 3, 2018

#IWSG



Join Alex J. Cavanaugh and a multitude of writer's in this monthly hop to help support one another!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!





How do major life events affect your writing? Has writing ever helped you through something?

Major life events definitely affect my writing, one way or another. Sometimes during a serious situation I can't put a sentence together. My muse is focused on the circumstance, happy or sad. These life events also help to inspire me. Emotions play a big part in books. And I dig deep into my own feelings to try and describe certain scenes. I'm not always successful, though, we each feel differently.

  
Writing has also helped me get through many difficult times. 

One example: This past spring, when my mother was physically failing, I wrote to get away from reality. It truly helped me to forget what was transpiring and what was quickly approaching, for a short while. When I get entranced with my characters, they take me away, and I get lost in their journey.
  


This summer has been very busy ~ in a great way. Two of my daughter's have newborn babies. Needless to say, I've been with them as much as possible, enjoying and savoring every minute. I might have written a paragraph or two.


The Best Gift









28 comments:

  1. How adorable!! I tend to write to get away from it all. Made up stories are the best form of escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I always love your pics of your grandbabies. So precious. I understand writing to escape from reality. It's one of the best gifts writing brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing helps us so much. And what beautiful grand babies! I don't blame you for savoring every second :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the grand-babies! Happy IWSG day.

    Ronel visiting on Insecure Writer's Support Group day: Course Correction

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be a good escape from reality. And help us to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw!!! I would totally put everything on hold too. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful babies! Writing has been my escape and my joy too. I don't think I would have made it through this life without it. Have a terrific week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Yes, I find when real life is too much, I can't visualize the fiction. And yet there is healing to be had in fiction. Balance? More like a dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you found comfort in your writing! Congrats on the new family members!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New babies are definitely a legitimate excuse for not writing. You can't feel guilty about that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and the babies. I too write when I need to get away. Enjoy your time away from the keyboard. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can relate to how busy family times can make it hard to write. Congrats on your grandbabies. And I'll have to see if writing can help me when I get frustrated with my mom, who I am kind of a caregiver to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute photo!!! They are adorable! And the best reason to take your focus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those babies are adorable! The best gift... definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful new little ones. They deserve a lot of love and attention from Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Writing is not nearly as important as the grandkids. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're cute. I can see why you'd be busy with them instead of writing a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous grandkids! Congrats and I wouldn't expect you to get any writing done with either of these cuties around. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, they're so cute! Writing is good catharsis when things aren't going well.

    ReplyDelete