Sunday, August 3, 2014

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO 
Author Megan Cyrulewski


Book Title: Who Am I?
 How My Daughter Taught Me to Let Go and Live Again

Tell us about Megan Cyrulewski

Like most authors, I really don't like talking about myself! Here is my bio from my website: Megan Cyrulewski has been writing short stories ever since she was ten-years-old. After attending Grand Valley State University, Megan eventually settled into a career in the non-profit sector for eight years. She decided to chang ecareers and went back to school to get her law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. While in school, she documented her divorce, child custody battle and postpartum depression struggles in her memoir, Who Am I? Megan lives in Michigan with her 3-year-old daughter who loves to dance, run, read, and snuggle with Mommy. Megan also enjoys her volunteer work with various organizations in and around metro-Detroit.

BUY LINKS:
Amazon Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Who-Am-Daughter-Taught-Again/dp/1626941513/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406913594&sr=8-1&keywords=megan+cyrulewski

Amazon Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/Who-Am-Daughter-Taught-Again-ebook/dp/B00MBKZD9K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406913594&sr=8-2&keywords=megan+cyrulewsk

Can you tell us about your debut novel?

My book is about my journey into post-partum depression, anxiety disorder, panic attcks, stays in the psych ward, divorce, domestic violence, law school, how I managed to graduate from law school and a beautiful little girl who emerged from all the chaos.

What is your writing journey so far?

It's been amazing. I've met so many people on social media. I've interviewed over 100 authors on my blog. I feel like I finally found my niche -  it just took 35 years. ;)

Do you find difficulties in your writing process?

Right now, it's balancing marketing and writing. I'm trying to work on my second book (crime fiction) but there just doesn't seeme to be enough time in the day.

What do you enjoy most about writing?

Losing myself in the story. I love it because if I'm having a rough day, I know I can always lose myself for a while in my book.

Do you thrive during the editing process or is it a struggle?

I always tell everyone that an Editor is a gift from God for Authors. So I am happy to hand my work to the professionals to clean up.

Where is your favorite writing spot?

Probably on my bed. I light a candle and start typing. 

Can you share with us your next project?

It's a crime fiction based on things that I learned in law school. It's got some twists and turns. Hopefully it will be released in 2015.

Can you give any advice to aspiring writers?

You have to have thick skin for this industry. People are going to judge, criticize and tear your work apart. Most people have good intentions and they just want to help. Just remember, though, that you can't make everyone happy. Some people are going to like your book cover and some people won't. If you try to please everyone, you will go crazy. Take people's advice, but, in the end, follow your instinct.

Megan has given some great advice. Advice I plan to implement for myself. Thank You, Megan for visiting with us today!

Megan's Website: www.megancyrulewski.com 



Book Excerpt: Who Am I?

Chapter One:  Ahhh…Young Love

 Envy. There is a reason why it’s one of the seven deadly sins. It can kill you. It almost killed me.

The summer of 2004, I was 26 and just got out of a long-term relationship. Good man, he just wasn’t the right man for me.

I had just found out that my old college roommate had recently gotten engaged. The two of us were always “competing” during college: who was skinnier, who can pick up the most guys at the bar. Stupid girl stuff. Other friends of mine were either married or having babies. I think the last straw was finding out my high school sweetheart had gotten engaged. Somewhere in fantasyland, I always thought it was possible we might get back together. Needless to say, I was definitely envious.


That summer, my roommate, Jessica, bought a house. At the time we were sharing an apartment, but she asked if I wanted to move into her house. Jessica and I had known each other since high school and she was the best roommate, and one of the best friends, I have ever had. Without hesitation, I agreed. A month after moving in, we had a house warming party. That’s when I met Tyler*.

CONGRATULATIONS, MEGAN!!

1 comment:

  1. She's right--writers don't like to talk about ourselves!!! Glad other writers feel that way, too. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete