Wednesday, April 3, 2024

@The IWSG #IWSG #WritingSupportGroup #WritingCommunity #Writers #Authors



Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
 

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. 

April 3 question - How long have you been blogging? (Or on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?) What do you like about it and how has it changed? 

When I signed my first contract with my publisher, it was highly recommended I acquire a social media presence. And @15 years later I realized I'm still a social media introvert. LOL! Years ago, blogging and blog hops were the thing. Maybe it's just me, but I'm lucky to blog and blog hop once a month with the IWSG. It's all about putting time into it, when there doesn't ever seem to be enough hours in a day...

BTW: I am happy and relieved to have finally, finally finished my first draft of book #13. A year in the making...


 













8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Hey, we've been blogging the same amount of time and began for the same reason - my publisher told me to get my butt online. Blogging seemed the best way to do social media and a website together. And it still is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your first draft. I started blogging for a similar reason. Unpublished writers were told that they needed a blog too back in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on book #13. Counting my boxed sets, that's where I'm at.

    I rarely post outside of IWSG, but I'm glad I at least keep up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, here's Pat Garcia. Congratulations!!!! Frist draft finished for book number 13. Right On! All the best.
    Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the draft! That's awesome! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t worry about the technology too much. Just write some good blog posts and people will find you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Cathrina! Finishing your first draft is awesome! I still love to blog. Good luck editing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the first draft! Good luck with edits.

    ReplyDelete