Wednesday, August 3, 2022

@TheIWSG #IWSG #WritersSupportGroup #WritingCommunity




  

https://www.alexjcavanaugh.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG

Alex's awesome co-hosts are Tara Tyler, Lisa Buie Collard, Loni Townsend, and Lee Lowery! 


August 3 question: When you set out to write a story, do you try to be more original or do try to give readers what they want?

I never write what's big in the reader's market, so to say. If I do, it's a coincidence. I write what I enjoy writing. When I begin a new story, I never know where it's going to take me. Though, I tend to veer toward YA/fantasy. Even when I write mysteries, a bit of supernatural wiggles its way in. 


 

11 comments:

  1. I like to write about what I'm interested in too. I'm thinking of writing a mystery instead of fantasy next, but like you may include a little magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that's the best way to write. You're more genuine to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write what I enjoy with my fiction, although my non-fiction is geared to market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, supernatural mysteries sound awesome! yes, writing what we feel is best. Good to see you!

    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote! And yeah, totally got to write what we enjoy writing, and if we're lucky, others will enjoy it too. Based on what I've seen on my feeds, that's certainly true with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that C.S. quote, and it's so true. I also love how you slip in a little supernatural to be more original. :)

    Teresa - T. Powell Coltrin Writes @ https://journalingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write what I enjoy too. Great quote by C.S. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the quote! I agree. We need to be true to ourselves and with that, readers will enjoy our stories... (Not liking this anonymous thing...this is Michael Di Gesu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trusting your own voice is a good way to go about writing :)

    ReplyDelete