Wednesday, December 1, 2021

@TheIWSG #IWSG #writingcommunity #WritersSupportGroup Let's Rock the Neurotic Writing World!



 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter is @TheIWSG and hashtag #IWSG.



Dec. 1 question: In your writing, what stresses you the most? What delights you? 

After many drafts and hiring a professional editor, those darn typos stress me to the max. And when I use precious time writing 10k - 30k on a story and then decide it's not working and scrap the entire thing. Ack! Also, when I feel the need to rework scenes to the point of exhaustion. There is a moment when I have to say enough is enough. 

Delightful, is constructing a decent plot. Or when a smile has its way on my face while I'm rereading certain passages that I really like. And then I say to myself, "I wrote that!" 













33 comments:

  1. That is frustrating to put so much effort into something only to have it not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to scrap a project after writing so much of it. I have a completed manuscript in my drawer. I hope I could pick it up again sometime down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The time and work involved, only to realize it's not working. It hurts! I also have a ms tucked away. I went back to it once and thought it wasn't fixable.

      Delete
  3. Aren't typos embarrassing? They humble me again and again. I'm always so sure I've corrected each one, but no such luck! Good thing we have editors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typos are in every book. I remember getting the final copy of one of mine and opening it up to a typo. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I love your quotes. Also sometimes it helps me to just put the manuscript aside for a month or two and work on something else.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a safe crossover into 2022.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting a ms aside is a great idea. Merry Christmas Pat.

      Delete
  6. I got tired of the typos and mind freezes and hired a professional, too. Now, I never worry about that. Instead, I worry about plot, characters, marketing... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typos are a terrible kind of tenacious. I don't like them either.
    Reading the good parts (and being surprised by them) is definitely delightful.

    Merry Christmas, Cathrina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If a scene isn't working I'm stressed out and a nicely plotted story, well-written, is a huge delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never scrapped a story that far into drafting. Maybe I'm just so stubborn I make it work no matter what. LOL

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those typos!!!!! *sigh*
    I recently scrapped a book and a half in order to make the series better. It was the right choice but wow, did it hurt!!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the frustration of tossing out words because they aren't working... I know that well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arrgh those typos. No matter how many times or how many people read the ms, those darn typos keep showing up. Enjoy the delightful times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can so relate to all of that!!
    I love your list of delights

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Cathrina! Typos in my published writing makes me crazy! Wishing you lots of delight in your writing! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Down with Typos!! What struck me about your post is that you have actually scrapped a 30thousand word piece of writing. How very incisive of you. My almost misses lie around, with me hoping I can make something of them, sometime.
    Happy IWSG day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is the best feeling, when you read something you wrote and think to yourself: I'm so good! Such moments are to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those darn typos! I had one on the description on the back cover of my first book. I still remember it: led vs lead. So mortifying *sigh*

    Merry Christmas, Cathrina!

    ReplyDelete