2. What is your writing process? (A special place or how you outline, or do you just jump into it. Or, what you need before you sit down to write: coffee, tea, cookies)
3. Do you have a favorite book that you’ve written, or a favorite character that sticks with you?
This is tricky. When I’m writing a character, that character is my favorite. The same goes for the book. I think I like this book best, but when I write the next book, I may like that book best. Amaya is a feisty, slightly troubled character who is unhappy about being swept up in a war with aliens. She’s fun to write.
4. How do you create your stories?
5. From start to finish, how long does it take for you to complete a novel?
6. What are you working on at the moment?
7. Do you have any advice for inspiring writers?
8. Besides inspiring other writers, what inspires you?
Subtitle: The Rayatana Series, Book 1
A spaceship in disguise,An Earth girl searching for a sense of home,
And a Thousand Years’ War between alien races,
All collide on a summer afternoon.
An old movie theater welcomes Amaya in and wraps her up in the smell of popcorn and licorice. But one sunny afternoon during a matinee, the movie screen goes dark. The theater rumbles.Amaya gets trapped in the middle of an ancient alien conflict.
Angry and frightened, Amaya entangles herself in a life-changing cultural misunderstanding with Sol, a young alien who keeps omitting key information, even while they’re on the run from his enemies.
What will it take to survive a battle between alien races involved in an ancient war?
Liftoff is a fast-paced read for fans of Code 8, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Cobra Kai.
Release Date: November 10, 2020
Paperback ISBN: 978-0-9889933-8-9
Ebook ISBN: 978-0-9889933-9-6
Copyright Tyrean Martinson November 2020
Publisher: Wings of Light Publishing, Gig Harbor, WA, USA
Professionally Edited by Chrys Fey
Cover Art and Interior Design by Carrie Butler