Tuesday, November 10, 2020

#NewRelese @TyreanMartinson #SciFi #yalit


Let's Get to Know the Author:
Tyrean Martinson
 
1. Tell us about yourself. (like what you do for a living, etc.)

I’m a private writing tutor and English Language Arts teacher for pre-teens and teens. Some of these teens are highly capable, some are right in the “average” zone, and some have dyslexia and dysgraphia. Some like to read and some of them view books with fear. I’ve recommended the Alex Rider series for the reluctant readers (especially the teen boys) because those books have short chapters and a fast-pace with plenty of action. My current novella is my own re-take on that subgenre – fast-paced, action-packed, with a hint of romance for teen girls. (Guys are welcome to read it, too.)

2. What is your writing process? (A special place or how you outline, or do you just jump into it. Or, what you need before you sit down to write: coffee, tea, cookies)

I love to have tea or coffee next to me. I don’t need to be in a special place to write, but my current favorite place is at a small desk in the living room of our house by the window and the bookshelves. I crave a source of natural light while I’m writing. If it’s dark, I write while sitting on the couch or in bed. I usually jump into it, but lately I’ve been outlining more because of the nature of my current projects.

3. Do you have a favorite book that you’ve written, or a favorite character that sticks with you?
This is tricky. When I’m writing a character, that character is my favorite. The same goes for the book. I think I like this book best, but when I write the next book, I may like that book best. Amaya is a feisty, slightly troubled character who is unhappy about being swept up in a war with aliens. She’s fun to write.

4. How do you create your stories?

I create my stories with a spark of an idea from a place, character, image, or idea followed by questions like: What if? Why? How? I start writing the character right away. After I burn off steam chasing the character around, I slow down and start spending time on plot development.

5. From start to finish, how long does it take for you to complete a novel?

I am a super speedy rough draft writer, and then I spend far more time on revision. It can take between four months to ten years to get a novel from story spark to finished revision. It varies by project.

6. What are you working on at the moment?

I am working on both the second novella in The Rayatana series and a rewrite of Anomalies: The Hunt, which is a teen superhero book I wrote a few years ago, rewrote, re-imagined, and need to finish rewriting again. The foundation of the world-building for both books is the same, so it’s like grappling with two different arms of the same multiple-armed alien entity, or braiding together strands of the same weave (depends on the day).

7. Do you have any advice for inspiring writers?

Write. Finish. Submit your work. Repeat. Keep on studying the writing craft, but more importantly, keep writing.

8. Besides inspiring other writers, what inspires you?

Anyone who dares to dream, and works at that dream with perseverance: athletes, film-makers, artists, dancers, musicians, engineers, chefs, hostesses, business owners, photographers, pastors, missionaries, students, teachers, nurses, pilots, mechanics, parents, grandparents, and fellow writers. If you have a dream, build your foundation, and keep on building.

Now A Glimpse into Tyrean Martinson's New Release:




 Title: Liftoff

Subtitle: The Rayatana Series, Book 1


A spaceship in disguise,An Earth girl searching for a sense of home,

And a Thousand Years’ War between alien races,

All collide on a summer afternoon.

An old movie theater welcomes Amaya in and wraps her up in the smell of popcorn and licorice. But one sunny afternoon during a matinee, the movie screen goes dark. The theater rumbles.Amaya gets trapped in the middle of an ancient alien conflict. 

Angry and frightened, Amaya entangles herself in a life-changing cultural misunderstanding with Sol, a young alien who keeps omitting key information, even while they’re on the run from his enemies.

What will it take to survive a battle between alien races involved in an ancient war?

Liftoff is a fast-paced read for fans of Code 8, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Cobra Kai.

 

Release Date: November 10, 2020

Paperback ISBN:  978-0-9889933-8-9

Ebook ISBN:  978-0-9889933-9-6

Copyright Tyrean Martinson November 2020

Publisher: Wings of Light Publishing, Gig Harbor, WA, USA

Professionally Edited by Chrys Fey

Cover Art and Interior Design by Carrie Butler


LINKS: Kindle           Barnes and Noble                  Kobo               Smashwords                Bookbub         Goodreads




Tyrean Martinson is an author and teacher from Washingston State. As a former fencer and kickboxer, she enjoys writing fight scenes in fast-paced novels and novella. As a teacher and writing tutor, she loves to get students writing and reading comfortably by any means: talk-to-text, short writing assignments, short stories, novellas, and adventures. She wrote her latest novella, Liftoff, for herself during COVID, but realized it also fits a dream she's had for a while: to create a short, fast-paced read for teen/YA readers who love popcorn movies, adventure, and sweet romance.





6 comments:

  1. Wish I was super speedy with first drafts.
    Big congratulations to Tyrean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex!
      Super speedy rough drafts just mean I have a lot of work on the second drafts.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new book, Tyrean! I like to have coffee too when I write and don't have a fixed spot to write either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Fixed spots are nice, but then, other places offer different views. :)

      Delete
  3. Best of luck to Tyrean! Way to put Covid to work for something!

    ReplyDelete