Wednesday, August 5, 2020

@TheIWSG #writerscommunity #writersupport #Writer



Join Alex J. Cavanaugh and a multitude of writer's in this monthly hop to help support one another!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!



How are all my blogger friends and writers coping through this pandemic? So far, my immediate family has been spared. But my sister had covid in the beginning of March, terribly sick for 3 weeks. Her 2 children living at home with her both tested positive, yet had little or no symptoms. Her husband tested negative. Strange. Then my cousin was hospitalized with the virus. Day by day, she was getting worse, to the point where she realized it was time to write her children goodbye letters because the next procedure was the ventilator. The doctor asked her if she'd be willing to try an experimental drug. At this point, who wouldn't? 3 days later she was home recuperating. 
It was Hydroxychloroquine. 
There are various medicines for the same maladies. What works for 1 person, doesn't help another. All our bodies work differently.

Enough about the virus, now, on to writing. 

On July 6th I published my 8th book with CHBB. It did well those first few weeks. Marly in Pieces made it to the top ranking spot: #1 on Amazon in its category. I was happily surprised. But, for me, getting it to remain in the top 100 is problematic. This marketing stuff gets me every time. If anyone has any brilliant marketing tools, please let me know.

Self-doubt, in regards to writing, likes to burrow into me every chance it gets. With that said, if you are a new writer, someone who hasn't taken that leap of putting your work into the world, remember, you are never alone with your anxieties. ALL writers are in this struggle together.
 



I have to remember my own word of advice:Perseverance.

 



STAY SAFE & STAY HEALTHY

20 comments:

  1. Glad your sister and her family are recovering from the virus. I wish I could give you some marketing advice, but I don't know any to share. That's great that your book at least started at the top rankings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that drug worked. I don't know why liberal media continues to slam it.
    Number one is great! Sorry, no secrets to share on marketing though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your 8th book surge. Go you! As far as marketing, I haven't figured that out either. So glad you got your tiny orange banner on Amazon. That's an awesome accomplishment. I'm hoping to do the same with my third book, which releases next year, but I know I need a deeper understanding about how this market works and how to get the book there.

    Thankful your sister's family is doing better. Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's scary out there! Congrats on beating the odds! And for such great ranking. It's always a scramble to stay there. Keep fighting the great fight in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story about your cousin. Let's hope that drug helps a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your sister and her family are ok now. Same with your cousin. This is a frightful time. Congrats on your new release. If you made it to #1 on Amazon, you're doing something right with marketing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness! I'm glad your cousin recovered.

    Making it to #1 is amazing. Celebrate that win and accomplishment. It's okay if it drops off after the initial push with a book release. That happens, and it's normal. As more and more books are released each day, it's harder to stay at the top, especially in the New Releases category.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for your family. None of my family have gotten the virus so far (at least we haven't been symptomatic), but none of us has been tested.

    Woohoo for hitting number one! No one understands this marketing stuff. It's all just magic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your sister and cousin are doing okay. How scary! I haven't been personally affected by the virus, and I'm trying to balance caution with getting back to normalcy. I wish we could get facts that are tainted by politics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you learn that marketing secret, let me know ;)

    I'm glad to hear your extended family are doing ok now. Continue staying safe!

    ReplyDelete