Wednesday, July 1, 2020

@TheIWSG #writingcommunity #writersupportgroup #writerslife #writer







Join Alex J. Cavanaugh and a multitude of writer's in this monthly hop to help support one another!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!












Don’t forget the
 IWSG Anthology Contest is open!

Guidelines and rules:
Word count: 4500-6000
Genre: Science Fiction
Theme: Dark Matter
Submissions accepted: May 6 - September 2, 2020
How to enter: Send your polished, formatted (double-spaced, no footers or headers), previously unpublished story to admin @ insecurewriterssupportgroup.com before the deadline passes. Please include your full contact details, your social links, and if you are part of the Blogging, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter IWSG group.
Judging: The IWSG admins will create a shortlist of the best stories. The shortlist will then be sent to our official judges.
Our judges: Dan Koboldt, Lynda R. Young, Colleen Oefelein, Damien Larkin, Ion Newcombe, Julie Gwinn, and David Powers King



The pent up anxiety of releasing a new book has lessened somewhat for me with book #9. But, I feel the anxiety is beginning to creep up with the day getting closer and closer. 

Marly In Pieces has been in the works for well over a year. I was grateful to have Chrys Fey to work with me. She diligently edited this manuscript, tightening and polishing many scenes. We reduced the telling aspects into showing, which is so important. 

If anyone who like a ARC/PDF to read and review, just comment below or email me: cathrinaconstantine@gmail.com
 
July 1st question: There have been many industry changes in the last decade, so what are some changes you would like to see happen in the next decade?

I would like brick and mortar stores, such as Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart...etc...to accept indie published books to be stacked in their book isles. 

I tried to get one of my books into B&N, years ago, by filling out their required paperwork and sent them my book. But they rejected it. 

I have heard some authors were able to get their books distributed. I'd like to learn how that happened. 

It seems most of them only accept traditional published books.

I am happy to see writer's that worked so hard on their books, and had been rejected by agents, can now self-publish. That's a big plus!  





15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new book! I agree about the brick and mortar stores... though I doubt they'll wake up soon.

    Ronel visiting for IWSG day A Decade of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new book! And great suggestion for a change. I'm sure other self-published authors would agree with you that this would be a good change for bookstores to sell more self-published books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even those of us with publishers don't often see our books in every store.
    When your book is ready for release, be happy to host you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book is going to do great! You can do this!
    And yes, I would like to see more Indie book in the box stores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you for getting to book #9. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indies in book stores would be awesome! Congrats on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ronel- Thank you. And I agree.

    Natalie - Thank you

    Alex - I agree. I have a publisher and can't get my books into stores.

    Tyrean - Thanks for your encouragement!

    Astrid - Thank you. It's even hard for me to believe that I wrote 9 novels.

    Jemi - Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I was able to help you with Marly in Pieces and that you received a contract for it. Congrats!

    An indie-only brick and mortar book store would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to more brick and mortar. I so miss browsing, holding books, turning the pages and buying from a real person. Congrats on your new book, Cathrina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new book! I would like to see more distribution for indie books, but I think that will come as indie is being taken more seriously now.
    Happy ISWG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congrats on the upcoming release. Kudos to you and Chrys.
    Having Indie paper outlets as a matter of course would be wondrous, wouldn't it.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to see my books in those brick and mortars. Maybe that will happen one day.

    I'm loving Marly in Pieces so far.

    Edited for spelling (oops)

    ReplyDelete
  14. From an educational perspective, I’d like to see more of a three-way collaboration with authors, libraries and schools.
    Congrats on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the reminder about IWSG's upcoming anthology, and congratulations on almost releasing your 9th book! That's an accomplishment. I, too, would love to see indie books more widely accepted. Let's keep working on it!

    ReplyDelete