Wednesday, November 6, 2019

#IWSG #WritingCommunity #SupportGroup @TheIWSG




Insecurity can do real damage. Join the Insecure Writer's Support Group to help combat those insecure moments....



Join Alex J. Cavanaugh and a multitude of writer's in this monthly hop to help support one another!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.



Alex's awesome co-hosts are Sadira Stone, Patricia Josephine, Lisa Buie-Collard, Erika Beebe, and 
C. Lee McKenzie!

November 6 question - What's the strangest thing you've ever googled in researching a story?

The strangest thing I ever googled was: What happens to the body after a person dies. When does rigor mortis set in? I also researched blood flow and how does the blood settle in a dead person's body, the color of a their skin, lips, and fingernails. 

More research questions: If a person is murdered, and the killer cuts a person's wrists to make it appear like a suicide, how much blood would flow from the wound.

And, I asked two doctors in regards to paternity tests. I wondered if a DNA test could show paternity if the girl was 1-2 months pregnant, and she'd been dead for 3 days. Do you want the answer? The answer was: Probably not. Highly unlikely.  






30 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff! That DNA answer has me doubting some of the TV shows I've watched because I would have guessed it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've done some interesting research! The DNA answer is not what I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting research. Good to know that you can find out the answers to questions like that. I'm thinking of writing a mystery some day and may need to know these answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fascinating. As a horror writer, some of my own Google searches have been similarly macabre, heh. And that's cool how you've gotten feedback from doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very interesting about the paternity test. Writers always get to look up the most horrifying things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, searched that one as well. Might have to again for a refresher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I know there is a paternity test they can do when one is pregnant and alive... Seems lots of people on IWSG google gruesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murder on paper can be so satisfying. The grim realities of death, as revealed in your research, can be harder to stomach. Happy writing in November!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that I've been reading everyone's answers for this month's IWSG question, I just remembered my strangest search of them all. For one of my WIPs I'd researched about souls which led to writing some rules in my WIPs world. Like how two souls can't inhabit the same body. And if a soul can't return to his/her body in time they'd wander the earth as spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never would have guessed you couldn't get DNA from a dead woman's fetal material, although when I miscarried years ago, the doctor told me that fetal tissue decomposes very fast. Maybe that's it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. They make it look so straight forward on TV. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  12. You would definitely be a suspect in any murder near you, my dear. Call me if you need a character witness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting questions you research. I go to the source for medical questions and dead bodies. SIL is a pathologist and assistant medical examiner. Helps to have a doctor in the family. lol For everything else I go online and fall down the Black Hole of Research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a doctor in the family does help. My son and daughter-in-law are doctors. I go to them, usually....

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Azuka my husband and i have been married for 5 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him via email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com What’s app or call: +44 7520 636249‬



    ReplyDelete