Monday, March 7, 2016

Cathrina's Review of Six of Crows #fantasy #spec.fiction

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price--and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

Cathrina's Review

WOW!!! 

Six of Crows is the first book I've read by Leigh Bardugo and I was blown away by her world. 

Since I had not read her other books in the Grisha Series, I was slightly lost in the beginning of the book with the language and the extraordinary abilities of the people. Though, I persevered through a couple of chapters and I'm so happy and delighted that I did. 

Talk about speculative fiction! 

This tale revolves around teenagers between the ages of 15 to 18 years old. And you'll be utterly amazed, IF, this is the type of genre that you love, which I do. 

I was captivated by a convict, a sharpshooter, a runaway, a wraith, a Heartrender and, a thief. A bunch of misfits that come together for a spectacular mission. The story is fast paced, gritty, and full of action.

After reading Six of Crows, I'm not surprised that the author, Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times Bestseller.


12 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book. Now I want to read it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for her! It's not my type of book, but it sounds good for those who like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our genre's that we like to read. Not every book is good for everyone.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a book with quite an interesting cast of characters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A criminal prodigy? I'm in:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like quite an adventure! thanks for the review and for all your reviews and recommendations - you three girls do such a great job! and i read your iwsg - why do people feel the need to be so mean and degrading? I just don't understand it... but we live with the good and the bad and take it for what it is...

    happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tara. And I don't understand nasty people either.

      Delete
  6. It sounds quite interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Never heard of Leigh Bardugo before, but I'm intrigued by her cast of characters here!

    ReplyDelete