Thursday, April 23, 2015

#AtoZ Letter T





Take This Job and Shove It
the song was released in 1977: Sung by 
Johnny Paycheck




The Movie released in 1981 
The "Alison Group" has bought four beer breweries in difficulties. The young but rising top manager Frank Macklin is sent to reorganize one of them - the one which happens to be the main company in his home town. At first his old buddies are reluctant to have him as new boss, but since he can't save all of them from the severe changes, the climate soon changes. Then he learns that he increased the profit so much, that the his bosses have decided to resell his brewery profitably to an incompetent Texas oil millionaire...


Does Anybody remember this one?

11 comments:

  1. I remember the song--it still gets airplay periodically. I guess it resonates with a lot of people! The movie is new to me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, looks like both the song and movie are new to me. (Shame on me? Heh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really popular for a long time, Catherina, and people had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take this job and shove it..I have felt like saying that a time or ten..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the song but can't say the same for the movie.
    ~Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete