Friday, November 21, 2014

CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS

This blog hop began thanks to Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. Sign up today.

I live in West Seneca, NY which is a suburb of Buffalo. And 4 days ago I woke to a State of Emergency and not just a few inches of snow, but feet of snow on the ground. The Blizzard didn't want to let us go and bombarded the surrounding towns with up to 7 feet before it decided to calm.


After 3 days we finally saw a pay loader come through and make a one lane swipe to our neighborhood, but a driving ban is still in effect.


Our weather made the world news again and the National Guard has been called in. Snow Snow Snow Everywhere!!!



What's to Celebrate? 

1. The storm started in the middle of the night, many people we home and not stranded.

2. You can't imagine the beauty of the snow encasing everything outside. The glistening snow under a bright moon, the sun peeking through the snow laden forest, and the birds are still singing.

3. I'm home with plenty of food and water.

4. My entire family are safe.


Murphy's standing on 3 feet of snow in the middle of where the street once stood.

Our street with a walking path.
The view outside our front window.

Have a Great Weekend!!

27 comments:

  1. I've seen pictures - that's a lot of snow! Glad you didn't get the full seven feet. I watch a lot of sports news shows and the Bills-Jets game has been all over the news. Not sure how they are going to get the players out of town in time for the delayed game on Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news reported they were sending snowmobiles to get them. Haha....

      Delete
  2. So glad you've weathered this safely! Talk about rushing the season! Hope you get dug out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're doing all right. My family (in part) is from the Fingerlakes - NOTHING like what's hit Buffalo! I love the photos, and wish I could sneak Murphy a dog yummy! Stay safe! (And have a good weekend)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is beautiful...but I pray everyone stays safe up there! Your dog is like, "wft?" LOL Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful! Glad you are safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a huge amount. Glad to hear you have everything you need to help you enjoy it more. I love to see snow glisten. You paint the picture well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some serious snow. Glad everyone is safe. Maybe you could hitch Murphy up to a dog sled... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta luv snow. Here in western Mass, we've been lucky, so far. Glad you're safe. Luv the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived in MA, CT, and NYC, so I'm no stranger to snow - but dang!! You really got dumped on. I'm glad to hear you have food and water and everyone's safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous dangerous winter! so glad you have provisions and all are safe. hope this weekend brings some melting but no flooding with all those feet! i heard it was going to be a tough winter, but so early!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you and your family are all safe and sound. I can't even begin to imagine this much snow. I have read that now there are some concerns about flooding so I hope that will not happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you and your family were safe through the snow storm! I've seen the pictures, and I can hardly imagine getting that much snow at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of white stuff! It's melting now, only 2 feet left!!!

      Delete
  13. I can't imagine. Thank you for holding down the tundra. I will do my best to maintain the humid lands.
    Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I'm glad you and your family were safe and sound at home. I haven't experienced snow like that since 1978. I lived in Indiana during that big blizzard and was snowbound with a husband, three teen-aged boys, and a small dog who couldn't jump high enough to see over the drifts. It was beautiful, though, and almost fun...for the first couple of days. :D

    ReplyDelete