Friday, April 11, 2014

A to Z: Letter J & Celebrate


Thanks to Vikki as Scribblings of a Aspiring Author for starting this hop. Each Friday we post a small celebration. Press Here to add your name to the linky list.

Accomplished 10k on my wip, I'm not confident of reaching my 20k goal by May 1st due to a lot happening this month in my life.

I returned to High School this week! I talked to a Creative Writing Class, the kids were 16-17 years of age. It was a smooth transition of discussing a little about myself and then I picked their brains on what they liked to read. Asked about Teen Voice, Snarky, Sarcasm, Profanity, Strong Female Characters, a Boys Voice...etc. They are a great bunch of kids and I enjoyed myself!

NOW ON THE THE A TO Z CHALLENGE AND THE LETTER:

The Jungle Book

Info right from Wiki: The Jungle Book (1894) is a collection of stories by English Nobel laureate Rudyard Kipling. First published in 1893-94. 


This delightful story has many faces. And The Jungle Book has been adapted by Disney in film and animation.

 This animated version was and is my favorite!









 And The Jungle Book is adapted into film in many versions.
What is your favorite?

Trivia: What is the bears name in The Jungle Book?

Yesterday's Trivia Answer: 
Philip Seymour Hoffman won the Academy Award for Best Actor in Capote.

17 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I forgot to celebrate . . . but I enjoyed your celebrations! Way to go!!!
    That high school class sounds like it was fun.
    Love The Jungle Book - think I like the animated Disney film the best too. I used to sing The Bare Necessities over and over and over again as a kid. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet the kids enjoyed your visit.
    The animated one is my favorite. Came out when I was a kid. Wasn't the bear Baloo or Baboo or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, a movie I've seen. I used to own the record- yes I'm talking vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like a great creative writing class! Glad you were able to enjoy yourself with the high school kids, I bet it was enlightening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking to the Creative Writing class sounds great. Yay for you. And congrats on the WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read The Jungle Book, although I did read Kim by Kipling. I enjoyed the Disney movie, although it never really rose to the top of the pile of favorites for me. My kids preferred some of the other Disneys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Jungle Book is one of my favorite reads. I have a very old copy that was my grandmother's. It's actually a compilation containing all of Kipling's stories. I treasure it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your high school visit sounds great! Congrats!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say Hi from the A-Z list and good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    Great theme :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked the movies and the book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am playing catch-up today. That was cool about your returning to school. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Jungle Book! I like the cartoon best, and can still hear Baloo singing to me, "look for the bare necessities"...

    Glad to hear your WIP is gaining ground!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to talk to a creative writing class!

    ReplyDelete